Imagine this. You just finished your morning ritual. Today you begin roadmapping the next six months for your company. This is no small task since you have to consider business objectives like growing revenue, delivering on those epics, fighting off the technical debt your engineers warn you about, and burn down the never ending backlog. So you take a step back to ponder some questions:
- Why are the dev team's estimates off by months?
- How come our checkout page was down and we didn't know it?
- Why is it taking us so long to ship big ticket customer features?
- Why did we waste so much effort last year building features our customers didn't use at all?
- How are we going to meet this year's compliance rules? What about the GDPR?
- Why aren't we able leverage new technologies like our competitors?
How would you solve these problems? Throwing money at the problem isn't the answer, nor is it hiring more people. Perhaps your solution is to adopt a new hot technology. Nope, that's not it either. These are bandaids. You have to look deeper into the root problem: a misaligned and out-of-touch value stream.
There's a playbook for untangling this mess. The solution aligns everyone in the organization to business goals and outcomes like revenue or user retention. This is the mark of a high performance tech organization. Your business can achieve this too irrespective to your underlying tech stack or sector. High performance companies already experience:
- Top tier cycles times from idea to production
- Happier and more productive employees
- Increased profitability
- Concise and actionable metrics that align everyone to business goals and outcomes
Do you want this your business? I do. Subscribe below to recieve your first lesson on how to build a high performance value stream.